Unfortunately probate doesn’t always go smoothly and problems can arise. Contentious probate is any dispute relating to the administration of a deceased person’s estate, whether it involves a dispute over the value and dispersion of assets, the interpretation of a will, or dealing with difficult executors or feuding beneficiaries.
Areas of expertise include:
– Challenges to the validity of Wills on grounds of lack of testamentary capacity or where the testator lacked knowledge and approval of what they signed.
– Wills being contested where there is an allegation of fraud or undue influence.
– Circumstances where there are several Wills and there is doubt over which is the latest one.
– Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
– Enforcing a promise made by the deceased which was not contained in the Will and on which a person relied .
– Unprofessional or improper conduct of Executors or Trustees.
– Applications for the removal and/or substitution of Executors or Trustees.
– Claims against professional advisors.
– Breach of Trust claims.
– Trusts and Charity disputes.
– Negligently drafted Wills.
– Disputes involving the Court of Protection
If you have a member of your family or a friend who is faced with a probate dispute, please complete the form below detailing the nature of the dispute and our partner will contact you to discuss.